Thursday, April 13, 2017

Make a DIY Easter Bag & Card set in an hour

Hello friends…Kim here with a challenge for you!
Are you like me and have loads of  leftovers of collections just looking for purpose? Well I set myself a challenge for todays post..to find a purpose for the leftovers I have from the super-cute, themed, Millie & June collection. So I thought with Easter around the corner, that I would get a head start with my crafting & come up with a way to transform the supplies into an Easter gift set. The colors are fabulous & the patterns super cute…I knew right away it would not be difficult to do.
This is the result!
Easter Gift Set by Kim Watson
(Youtube process video to follow, see my channel or pop back to see this post once updated)


The first thing I did was look for a whole 12×12 piece of paper. I would need an entire sheet to create the gift bag. Once folded, I die-cut the bunny face to fit the width of the bag, rouged her cheeks, drew her eyes & mouth and then made the bows from the convenient Millie & June die-cut paper bow set.

The card was also super simple to put together. Using a strip of Our Garden patterned paper I cut a backing piece in the gold foil stripe & flipped the leftover piece using the floral side to cut a big pennant shape. I then die-cut a circle from the pennant, making a little window for the chick to peek out of.

The accents consist of a trimmed tag (to hide the sentiment) & a few patterned heart ephemera; which reminded me of Easter eggs. Not having the correct stamp sentiment, I used the speech bubble die-cut & hand wrote Happy Easter, which finished off the card nicely.
So as you can see, repurposing your themed products is not as complicated as you would think. I hope this has inspired you to haul those leftovers out, with the purpose of giving them new life 😀
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have an awesome week!
Fancy Pants Designs products used: Millie & June




No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!